Our training programma
At the Radboud International High Ability Training Programme (RITHA), it is our goal to increase the knowledge and experience of those who identify, educate and counsel gifted students in primary, secondary and higher education all over the world. We believe that well-trained professionals can make a valuable contribution to improved education for all students, including those who are most talented.
The Radboud International Training on High Ability is a postgraduate, blended, training programme, consisting of 30 EC, spread out over 18 months. RITHA is a high quality, research based, training programme. It offers you the opportunity to learn all you’d like to know about gifted education: from the Foundations, through all Critical Issues, to being invited to Reflect on Gifted Education yourself. And of course you can freely choose the electives of your preference.
What will you gain from this training programme?
- You will have gained experience and a deeper insight into identifying, educating and counselling gifted students in primary, secondary and higher education;
- You will be up-to-date with the latest scientific insights about giftedness and you will be able to relate to them from different disciplines;
- On the basis of this basic knowledge, you will be able to make a valuable contribution to improve education for all students, including those who are most talented.
- You will be able to distinguish yourself as a post-academically trained gifted expert who is capable of consistently implementing educational and counselling resources for gifted students;
- You will be part of an international network of professional gifted experts, who only settle for evidence-based applications and never stop learning.
Who is the programme for?
The RITHA programme is divided into four blocks:
Block 1: Foundations of Gifted Education
You will be given a scientifically-based framework for gifted education and you will learn where to find and how to critically review new information, on which you will develop and build your own personal views and practices.
Block 2: Critical Issues in Gifted Education
Together with international experts from the field, you will further explore and expand your knowledge and skills in one of the previously covered topics.
Block 3: To Put Theory into Practice
You will implement what you’ve learned and will put theory into practice during your internship. You will improve your professional skills and contribute to serving the field of gifted education. During your internship, you will receive support in the form of a practical online course about educating and counselling the gifted. A personal supervisor will also provide support by answering any specific questions that you may have about the activities that you will be doing.
Block 4: Reflection on Gifted Education
You will develop your skills as a scientist-practitioner and, in order to improve the professional field of gifted education, you will make a scientifically-sound contribution, of which the findings can be used by professionals who wish to serve the needs of high-ability students and counselling the gifted. A personal supervisor will also provide support by answering any specific questions that you may have about the activities that you will be doing.
- Read more about what you will gain from the RITHA programme here.