At the Radboud International High Ability Training Programme (RITHA), it is our goal to increase the knowledge and experience of those who identify, educate and counsel gifted students in primary, secondary and higher education all over the world. We believe that well-trained professionals can make a valuable contribution to improved education for all students, including those who are most talented.
RITHA is a postgraduate, blended, and research based, training programme. It offers you the opportunity to learn all you’d like to know about gifted education: from the foundations of gifted education, through all critical issues, to being invited to reflect on gifted education yourself. Next to this you can freely choose the electives of your preference.
RITHA offers you both online and in-person learning experiences all over the world: you’ll start with a group of international fellow students, who you will meet in person during the seminars and online in the discussion boards. Our beautifully designed online learning environment called BrightSpace is developed to inspire you. And it fits into your busy lifestyle and gives you the opportunity to study anytime, anywhere. It's up to you! In addition to the online RITHA course offer, you will participate in seminars on inspiring locations, meeting your lecturers and international fellow students there.
What will you gain from this training programme?
- You will have gained experience and a deeper insight into identifying, educating and counselling gifted students in primary, secondary and higher education;
- You will be up-to-date with the latest scientific insights about giftedness and you will be able to relate to them from different disciplines;
- On the basis of this basic knowledge, you will be able to make a valuable contribution to improve education for all students, including those who are most talented.
- You will be able to distinguish yourself as a post-academically trained gifted expert who is capable of consistently implementing educational and counselling resources for gifted students;
- You will be part of an international network of professional gifted experts, who only settle for evidence-based applications and never stop learning.